One Tower Bridge is one of London’s most sought after luxury developments, set right in the heart of the city beside the Thames. Marldon UK provided an effective sound dampening solution for these prestigious apartments, which still allowed the underfloor heating to work efficiently and effectively.
Sound transference is always a problem in apartment blocks, but particularly so in such an exclusive and prestigious location such as One Tower Bridge. Residents paying between £1.5m and £15m do not want to be disturbed by those above.
Traditional soundproofing solutions would have added up to 20mm in thickness to the sub-floor, significantly reducing the efficiency of the underfloor heating. A slimline, yet effective solution was required, in keeping with the exceptional build quality of this luxury development.
The Marldon Solution
- Marldon UK worked directly with the architects to develop an effective solution that satisfied both the acoustic and the thermal criteria required for this high specification development.
- Marldon UK recommended the StrataBase solution to provide low profile noise reduction
- The StrataBase solution used a 3mm underlay and a 1.5mm thickness of MXA200 adhesive
- The soundproofing has a very low tog rating, allowing heat to transfer effectively through the sub-floor, while still providing effective sound reduction between floors
- The solution conformed to the development’s Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) in that it is VOC-Nil rated, certified EC1 and could contribute towards BREEAM rating.